Last week got away from me and I didn’t get to posting a winner of the Winter Fitness Challenge — I apologize! Just having too much fun outdoors, I guess! But, the great news is I am making up for it by announcing two winners this week! Thanks to the following Michigan Runner Girls for sharing their outdoor adventures here in the Mitten:
First up: Carol Bagby Campbell, who ran along the Cannon Township Trail in Rockford, Mich. (That’s Carol on the trail in the photo above)
And winner #2! Congratulations to Christy Grace, who shared photos from the Super 5K she ran earlier this month in Detroit.
For getting outside and exploring, and for sharing their adventures with us, Carol and Christy each will receive the following:
- A roll of KT tape (in a super fun hot pink design), which is always good to have around when you’re a runner. Just in case.
- The Splash of Color Michigan Runner Girl soft lifestyle tee.
- A box of EcoTrek Fitness Whole Food Bars. (Made in Michigan by runner and personal fitness trainer Cari Draft)
- MRG logo stickers.
Want to join the Michigan Runner Girl/Michigan DNR Fitness Challenge? The challenge is free and open to anyone interested in getting outdoors and experiencing nature in Michigan this winter. BEST PART (aside from the happiness and peacefulness you’ll be experiencing when getting outside and exploring): Prizes will be given away each week during the challenge, which will run through February. Just a couple more weeks!
- snap a photo of yourself, or of you and your family and friends, being active outside. It could be a run, a snowshoe, a hike, a ski — whatever gets your body moving outdoors. If you happen to be at a state park, great! But you can also simply be in your backyard, at a local park, along the Great Lakes shoreline … wherever, so long as you’re outdoors in Michigan!
- Share the photo on Instagram OR Facebook (or both!), using the hashtags #MRGEnergy and #MIStateParks.
- Each week, MRG will share a reader/listener photo on the MRG Facebook page and that person will win a prize from Michigan Runner Girl and the Michigan DNR.
Get out there and have fun!