We haven’t had much snow this month, and the sun seems to be in hiding mode lately, but this isn’t stopping us from getting outdoors and embracing the elements. The first-ever Michigan Runner Girl – Michigan Department of Natural Resources Winter Fitness Challenge continues, and you all are sharing great photos of your outdoor adventures! Each week through the end of February, we’re picking a winner to receive a little swag — and we’ll share the winning photo here on the blog.
Congratulations to northern Michigan outdoor lover Kristen Sarkozy Abner for sharing the these awesome photos with us on Facebook.
Kristen, for sharing your wintry northern Michigan hiking adventure photos, you’ll receive these gifts:
· 2 free race entries, one for you and another for your best running friend, to next month’s Betsie Bay Frozen 5K in Frankfort
· A MRG-Love Michigan performance race tank from the Michigan Runner Girl online store
- snap a photo of yourself, or of you and your family and friends, being active outside. It could be a run, a snowshoe, a hike, a ski — whatever gets your body moving outdoors. If you happen to be at a state park, great! But you can also simply be in your backyard, at a local park, along the Great Lakes shoreline … wherever, so long as you’re outdoors in Michigan!
- Share the photo on Instagram OR Facebook (or both!), using the hashtags #MRGEnergy and #MIStateParks.
- Each week, MRG will share a reader/listener photo on the MRG Facebook page and that person will win a prize from Michigan Runner Girl and the Michigan DNR.
Get out there and have fun!