Find Running Friends
Running specialty stores often host group runs and offer race training opportunities.
You can also find running friends through the running groups listed below. Are you part of a running group not yet included here, or know of a Michigan running store or organization that’s not on this list? Please let MRG know! Send along information by email: heather [at] michiganrunnergirl [dot] com
Michigan running specialty stores
- Ann Arbor Running Company, Ann Arbor.
- Elite Feet Running Store, Port Huron.
- Gazelle Sports (locations in Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo, and Northville)
- Hansons Running Shop (locations in Lake Orion, Utica, Royal Oak, Grosse Pointe)
- Playmakers, Okemos
- RUNdetroit, Detroit
- Running Fit (locations in Ann Arbor, Northville, Novi, Traverse City, West Bloomfield)
- Running Lab, Brighton
- Roadrunner Sports (in partnership with Kona Running Co. Store), Canton and West Bloomfield.
- Runners Athletic Company, (locations in Mt. Pleasant, Bay City, Saginaw and Midland)
Michigan running groups
- Mt. Pleasant Road Runners, Mt. Pleasant
- Team Playmakers, East Lansing
- Howell Underground Running Team (HURT), Howell
- Run Traverse City (part of the organization For the Run Of It, which has chapters throughout the state)
- Traverse City Track Club
- Kalkaska Multi-sports Club
- Thundering Gazelles, Rochester
- Your Pace or Mine Running Club, Rochester Hills
- Running for Brews, Royal Oak
- Ypsilanti Running Company, Ypsilanti
- 501 Running Club, Northville, focus on distance running.
- Western Michigan University Running Club
- Kalamazoo Area Runners, Kalamazoo
- Borgess Run Camp, Kalamazoo
- Run Muskegon
- Grand Rapids Running Club
- Run GR, Grand Rapids
- Grand Haven Running Club
- Spring Lake Winter Running Club
- Allendale Running Club
- Holland Running Club
Moms Run This Town (chapters throughout Michigan)
- Battle Creek chapter – Facebook group page (closed group; please request to be added.)
- Traverse City chapter – Facebook group page (closed group; please request to be added.)
- Ann Arbor chapter – Facebook group page (closed group with the name “SHE Runs This Town Ann Arbor”; please request to be added.)
Team In Training (training/fundraising opportunities throughout Michigan) Check out the Team In Training Michigan chapter’s Facebook page here »
MI Big Green Gym – part of the Michigan Recreation and Park Association. Discover tons of great healthy events and happenings throughout the state. Michigan has some of the country’s best parks, trails, and other outdoor recreation facilities. There are endless ways to get active, stay health, and spend time with family and community any time of year! Hike, bike, paddle, walk, sail, ski, run, swim, climb — you can do it all in #mibiggreengym!