“Urban adventure” races are springing up around the country, and one event — Challenge Nation, which describes itself as “America’s largest urban adventure race series — is coming to Detroit on Sept. 28. Organizers of this team-oriented 5K are offering MRG readers a chance to win free entry into this race. A total of four registrations — given away as two (2) pairs — are up for grabs. Details below on how to enter this giveaway, but first, some details about The Challenge:
- The race series is visiting 35 cities across the country in 2014–this year marks its fifth season.
- The Challenge is “like a scavenger hunt on steroids,” race organizers say: “It’s a miniature ‘amazing race’ personalized for each city that combines the brain-twisting challenge of clue-solving with the active excitement of a foot race, while having tons of fun with friends and family along the way.”
- When the race begins, teams of two or more will compete against each other to solve 11 out of the 12 clues organizers carefully crafted, each of which will lead you to a unique challenge in a new location in the city. The quickest teams to return to the finish line after completing all the clues will win the cash prizes and qualify for Challenge Nation’s $5,000 National Championship in Las Vegas.
- Think of it like a 5K that tests your brains as much as your legs, with bigger prizes and a whole lot more fun.
- At the finish line, organizers welcome you back with cash prizes for winners, cold water for all, food and drink specials from their venue, finishing with a crazy costume contest and awards ceremony.
Giveaway details: Two (2) pairs of entries will be given away — this means a total of four people will win free entry, but just two winners will be announced. It will be up to the winners to choose their teammate. (You can add more to your team, too, if you choose, at regular entry cost). This giveaway starts Monday, Sept. 1 and ends at NOON EST Thursday, Sept. 4. Winners will be announced here on the MRG blog Friday, Sept. 5. To enter, please share in the comments section below why you would like to participate in this race, and also if you’ve ever taken part in an urban adventure race or event in the past.
Good luck, everyone!