Each Friday I’ll share a popular post from the current week’s Michigan Runner Girl Facebook page. If you’re not already part of the MRG community over there, please join us for lively conversation about all things running in the Mitten–looking forward to seeing you there!
January 26, 2015
Thoughts that went through my head during this morning’s 2-degree 6-miler:
– Just keep moving (repeated over and over).
– I *thought* I’d worn enough layers…maybe not.
– At least it’s beautiful out here. Focus on that. The sky, the crunchy, squeaky snow beneath my feet…be grateful…
– OK, that’s not working so well. I’m thinking instead of the hot shower and hot coffee – heck, my warm house! – waiting for me.
– Home is kinda far away…
– Oh, hello wind!
– Alright, let’s get it done. I’ve got this.
– But I am still really cold.
– Just keep moving.
How do you stay motivated during an especially cold run? What’s one of your most memorable wintry runs?