More information at https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Walker/1in5Relay
A TWILIGHT RUN FOR MENTAL HEALTH
Your favorite summer event is back, August 27 at Millennium Park! We can’t wait to welcome you for a powerful night of racing through the park and coming together to make a difference. At the relay, teams of five will complete a full marathon. The first runner will represent the one in five by taking on a more challenging 6.2 mile route. The last four runners will each complete a 5 mile loop. Individual registration for the 6.2 mile and 5 mile loop is also available.
Includes medal, shirt, and one unforgettable evening
ABOUT THE 1 IN 5
We all went through a lot last year—a pandemic, restrictions, loneliness, stress, anxiety, burnout. And all of it took a toll on our mental health. That’s why the Hope Network 1 in 5 Run Series – featuring the 1 in 5 Marathon Relay on August 27 – invites you to get moving, supporting your own mental health while supporting your community’s as well.
One in five adults will face a mental illness in any given year, and that numbers grows each year. Wherever you live, it’s all around you – and the numbers prove it:
– Depression is the #1 cause of illness and disability worldwide.
– Nearly 60% of mental illness goes untreated.
– Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death among youth ages 10-24.
– Preliminary studies point to a significant rise in anxiety, depression, substance abuse, and suicidal thoughts resulting from recent current events.
When you run a 1 in 5 Series race, you address the issue head-on by joining a global community committed to turning the conversation about mental health issues into action. That’s what the 1 in 5 Series is all about – reducing the effects and the stigma of mental illness with every stride. Lace up with us to raise funds and awareness in honor of the 1 in 5.
INDIVIDUAL RUNNERS/ASSIGN ME TO A TEAM
During registration you will have the option to sign up for a team or create a team.
– Creating a team? If you want to create a team, you will have that option to create your team, a password, invite others to your team, and select what category you are competing in.
– Joining a team? If you want to join a certain team, you will select from a dropdown of teams that are already created when you register.
– Need a team? If you don't have a team but would like to be added to a team of other runners, you can either select a team from the drop down menu that are open to additions, or you can select any of the teams named "No Team, No Problem” (they will be numbered) and we will create a team for you.
– Running solo? Individual registration for the 5 and 6.2 mile loop is available by forgoing a team option when registering.
ORS Oktoberfest 10k/5k
Join us in September for the ORS Oktoberfest 10k/5k starting and ending […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Detroit Hot Cider Hustle Half Marathon, 10K & 5K
Join the 7th annual Detroit Hot Cider Hustle Half Marathon, 10K & […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
DigiMarCon At Home 2023 – Digital Marketing, Media and Advertising Conference
DigiMarCon At Home 2023 is your chance to … – Hear from […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Grand Rapids Hot Cider Hustle Half Marathon, 5K & 10K
Join us for the Grand Rapids Hot Cider Hustle Half Marathon, 5K, […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Taps & Trails 5K and Community Mile
The 2nd annual Taps and Trails 5K and Community Mile is happening […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
#RunLudington Run For Your Lives
3.5" custom finishers medal Race tee Age group awards (decades) 10k is […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Beat the Train 5K – Coopersville, MI
Can You Beat the Train? Beat the Train 5K is back on […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Dansville Halloween 5K/ Kids Trick or Treat 1/4 & Goofy Gourd Mile Runs
Accurate and fast 5k course. Chipped timed by the Michigan Running Foundation. […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Twisted Trail 5K, 10K, and 15K
Get out and run the trails at Ken-O-Sha in Grand Rapids, MI […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS