More information at https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Walker/1in5Relay
A TWILIGHT RUN FOR MENTAL HEALTH
Your favorite summer event is back, August 27 at Millennium Park! We can’t wait to welcome you for a powerful night of racing through the park and coming together to make a difference. At the relay, teams of five will complete a full marathon. The first runner will represent the one in five by taking on a more challenging 6.2 mile route. The last four runners will each complete a 5 mile loop. Individual registration for the 6.2 mile and 5 mile loop is also available.
Includes medal, shirt, and one unforgettable evening
ABOUT THE 1 IN 5
We all went through a lot last year—a pandemic, restrictions, loneliness, stress, anxiety, burnout. And all of it took a toll on our mental health. That’s why the Hope Network 1 in 5 Run Series – featuring the 1 in 5 Marathon Relay on August 27 – invites you to get moving, supporting your own mental health while supporting your community’s as well.
One in five adults will face a mental illness in any given year, and that numbers grows each year. Wherever you live, it’s all around you – and the numbers prove it:
– Depression is the #1 cause of illness and disability worldwide.
– Nearly 60% of mental illness goes untreated.
– Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death among youth ages 10-24.
– Preliminary studies point to a significant rise in anxiety, depression, substance abuse, and suicidal thoughts resulting from recent current events.
When you run a 1 in 5 Series race, you address the issue head-on by joining a global community committed to turning the conversation about mental health issues into action. That’s what the 1 in 5 Series is all about – reducing the effects and the stigma of mental illness with every stride. Lace up with us to raise funds and awareness in honor of the 1 in 5.
INDIVIDUAL RUNNERS/ASSIGN ME TO A TEAM
During registration you will have the option to sign up for a team or create a team.
– Creating a team? If you want to create a team, you will have that option to create your team, a password, invite others to your team, and select what category you are competing in.
– Joining a team? If you want to join a certain team, you will select from a dropdown of teams that are already created when you register.
– Need a team? If you don't have a team but would like to be added to a team of other runners, you can either select a team from the drop down menu that are open to additions, or you can select any of the teams named "No Team, No Problem” (they will be numbered) and we will create a team for you.
– Running solo? Individual registration for the 5 and 6.2 mile loop is available by forgoing a team option when registering.
Elf Run 5k
Join us as we take to the small town streets of Bellaire […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
2023 Clare Irish Festival Road Race
Join us for the Clare Irish Festival Road Race on Saturday, March […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Michigan Adventure Race: Winter Edition
Looking for a fun race to keep you motivated this winter? Race […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Hurt the Dirt Trail Races
Fun, fast, flowy singletrack but with room to pass and waves to […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Dirty Duel Trail Race
Choose your own adventure! Join more than 600 racers who will split […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Color Vibe 5k Detroit, MI
We're Back! Get your tickets today at: https://www.thecolorvibe.com/detroit.php Color Vibe 5k Run/ […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Iron Ore Trail Ultra 48 | 24 | 12 Mile
The Iron Ore Trail Ultra 48 | 24 | 12 Mile Trail […]VIEW EVENT DETAILS