This year marks the races’ 44th year—the race started in 1973 as a 10K and shifted to a 15K in 1978. In 1989 the 5K was added; most recently, the 10K was re-introduced along with a half marathon. All told, more than 50,000 participants have crossed the finish line over the years.
- Cherry Bay Orchards will provide dried cherries and cherry juice (perfect recovery drink for runners) and yummy cookies
- Meijer provides various fruit options and chocolate milk
- Fresh cherries for all, as always
- Shuttles back to the start line for runner convenience
- Photographer capturing runners; photos posted and available for free at cherryfestival.org
The Priority Health 5K Run/Walk, 10K and 15K, and Chateau Grand Traverse Half Marathon all take place Saturday, July 8 in Traverse City. Be sure to use this special MRG race discount — MRG2017 — code to save $5 off your race entry. Learn more about these races and get signed up here »